ManuLoc® long Plus
Orthosis for hand immobilization with removable finger support
The ManuLoc long Plus immobilizes the entire hand up to the thumb and reliably restricts stretching, bending, and rotating movements by also stabilizing parts of the forearm. The removable finger support fixes the long fingers in the outstretched hand or intrinsic plus position. The orthosis is lightweight, breathable, and easy to put on with one hand.
- immobilizes the entire hand up to the thumb
- fixes the long fingers in the protective outstretched hand or intrinsic plus position
- the adjustable finger support can be removed
- relieves pain
- easy to put on with one hand
The ManuLoc long Plus is a long hand orthosis with a removable finger support. It immobilizes parts of the forearm, the wrist, and the second to fifth fingers. The thumb alone remains able to move freely, thanks to a large opening in the orthosis. Three anatomically pre-shaped aluminum stays hold the wrist in a functional position and relieve strain. They also stabilize parts of the forearm and reliably restrict stretching, bending, and rotating movements in the hand. The wide, adjustable finger support fixes the palm of the hand and the long fingers in the outstretched hand or intrinsic plus position. In the latter position, the outer capsular ligaments are extended, preventing damage due to immobilization. Complete immobilization of the hand up to the thumb provides maximum protection against inappropriate mechanical stress and supports the healing process.
Practical for all aspects of treatment
A row of large Velcro fastenings means that the ManuLoc long Plus can be put on and taken off quickly and easily with one hand. This type of design is comfortable, breathable, and practical for all aspects of treatment including wound inspection and physiotherapy exercises.
Recommended for a forearm length of 8,3"(21 centimeters) or more, measured from the wrist.
Universal fit for right or left hand.
*=For intermediate sizes, select according to the width of the hand.
- Preoperative and postoperative (f.e Morbus Dupuytren)
- Night resting
- Conservative care tendovaginitis
You can find information here about how to keep your hand in top condition!
- ManuLoc long Plus can be washed separately by hand using a mild detergent at max. 30 °C (lukewarm).
- Remove the three stays from the ManuLoc long Plus before washing.
- To keep the Velcro fastenings on the ManuLoc long Plus in good working order and avoid damage, fasten them before washing.
- Do not expose to direct heat while drying (e.g. central heating, sunlight etc.).