ManuLoc® Rhizo long
Orthosis for increased stabilization of the wrist and thumb
The ManuLoc Rhizo long is a longer version of the hand and thumb orthosis ManuLoc Rhizo. It stabilizes the wrist, thumb, and large parts of the forearm, helping to relieve severe pain caused by irritation, combined injuries, or surgery. This long stabilizing orthosis also supports treatment provided over several stages, as the thumb support can initially be loosened and then completely removed later on as the patient’s recovery progresses.
- Stabilizes the wrist, thumb, and parts of the forearm
- The mobility of the thumb can be adjusted as treatment requires
- Easy to put on with one hand
The ManuLoc Rhizo long stabilizes not only the wrist and the thumb carpometacarpal and basal joints, but large parts of the forearm too. This extensive immobilization guarantees a high degree of stability, ensuring that all wrist and thumb movements are restricted. For secure, gradual mobilization, the thumb support on the orthosis can first of all be loosened with the help of a Velcro tab, allowing the wearer to practice movements involving the upper thumb basal joint, such as pinch gripping. As treatment progresses successfully, the thumb support can be removed completely, enabling grasping movements while the wrist is still secured.
Practical and comfortable
The long orthosis is easy to put on and take off with one hand. Four large fastenings allow it to be opened up completely lengthwise, while straps with retraction stop devices are used to close it again quickly and securely. The integrated stays and the aluminum frame in the thumb support can be shaped to ensure that the orthosis fits like a glove. The thumb support itself can also be individually positioned. The ManuLoc Rhizo long is comfortable to wear, thanks to its breathable material with additional air holes, its flat design, and its light weight.
Quality from your medical retailer
Stabilizing orthoses like the ManuLoc Rhizo long and other Bauerfeind products are available from medical supply and other orthopedic medical retailers, where trained staff will advise you and take precise measurements to ensure that your orthosis fits comfortably and securely.
Recommended for a forearm length of 8,3" (21 centimeters) or more, measured from the wrist.
- Combined injuries of the wrist and thumb
- Post-operative follow-up care for fractures of the radial carpus and metacarpus
- Radial tenosynovitis
- Severe osteoarthritis of the thumb
- Post-traumatic treatment
- Pre-operative care
You can find information here about how to keep your hand in top condition!
- ManuLoc Rhizo long can be washed separately by hand using a mild detergent at max. 30 °C (lukewarm).
- Remove the three stays from the ManuLoc Rhizo long before washing.
- To keep the Velcro fastenings on the ManuLoc Rhizo long in good working order and avoid damage, fasten them before washing.
- Do not expose to direct heat while drying (e.g. central heating, sunlight etc.).