Functional orthosis for stabilization of the knee
After surgery to correct misalignments (bowleg or knock knee), the removal of a meniscus or following cruciate or collateral ligament injuries, the MOS-Genu® can be used to stabilize the leg or to provide targeted partial relief for it. The orthosis comprises an aluminum frame with optimally adjustable joints, straps and special skin-friendly cushions which compensate for swelling in the knee joint region. The frame design is available as either a standard length or a long version.
- stabilizes and relieves pressure on the knee joint
- adjustable axes and joints
- anatomically contoured frame
If the knee is affected by severe instability, it requires special support. The special frame design of the MOS-Genu provides external support for the knee, holding it in the correct axis. Possible constraining forces on the knee joint are reduced to a minimum. Its joints, with physiologically optimal pivots, can be adjusted in 10-degree intervals. Pressure on the collateral ligaments or on parts of the knee can be relieved individually.
Strong yet lightweight
The MOS-Genu orthosis ensures maximum stability with minimum load impact. The frame is made of lightweight aluminum and the shells have skin-friendly, breathable cushions and do not slip. Condylar cushions of varying thicknesses compensate for any swelling. The orthosis can therefore be worn with comfort, even over extended periods of time.
|Max. knee width in mm||85 - 95||95 - 105||105 - 115||115 - 125||125 - 135|
Measuring: The measurement of the knee width is to be taken with the patient´s leg flexed at 30°, with the aid of the MOS Goniometer (without applying pressure). If the measurement is on the border between two sizes, the degree of swelling or atrophy and the width of the other knee should be taken into consideration.
- Conservative: Functional therapy of injuries to the cruciate ligaments and the lateral ligaments, Complex instabilities including genu recurvatum, Support for the affected compartment in varus/valgus arthritis
- Post-operative (short MOS-Genu): After operations on the ligaments, i.e. artificial ligaments, Meniscal suturing and meniscal implantation
- Post-operative (long MOS-Genu): After tibial osteotomy, After complex reconstructions of the ligaments, In individual cases it is also indicated for fractures located close to joints - implant surgery