Spinova® Support Plus
Orthosis for stabilizing and supporting lumbar lordosis
Spinova Support Plus comprehensively stabilizes the lumbar spine and protects it against incorrect movements. The support surrounds the torso and compresses the abdomen. The removable back pad lies flat against the body and corrects the posture to the patient’s natural lordosis, and the removable abdominal pad increases the effect. The special height-adjustable Spinova strap system applies the stabilizing force in a targeted manner.
- Comprehensively stabilizes the lumbar spine
- Supports your natural lordosis
- Removable back and abdominal pads
- The force applied can be adjusted in terms of position, direction and strength
- Therapeutic circumferential pressure can be reproduced
Spinova Support Plus comprehensively stabilizes the lumbar spine and supports your natural lordosis. This alleviates pain and supports the healing process. The orthosis is based on a modular design and has elements that can be removed as part of multi-stage therapy.
The lumbar orthosis extends up to the lower thoracic spine (up to TH10) and protectively limits incorrect movements. The support made from light, elastic mesh material with its integrated corset stays surrounds the torso and compresses the abdomen, which relieves and gently straightens the lumbar spine. The large back pad lies flat against the body, corrects the posture to the patient’s natural lordosis and distributes the forces toward the thoracic spine, pelvis and sacral bone. An additional abdominal pad increases the effect. The stabilizing force is applied in a targeted manner by means of the Spinova strap system. Straps are attached at the appropriate height to a back setting device, rerouted twice and joined together with a buckle. The strap tension can be permanently adjusted with a torque wrench. This ensures that the therapeutic circumferential pressure remains the same every time it is worn.
As mobility increases, the back and abdominal pads can be removed.
Spinova Support Plus and other Bauerfeind products are available from medical supply and orthopedic retailers, where trained staff will advise you and take precise measurements to ensure that your orthosis fits comfortably and securely.
- Short < 170 cm / 5’7” in body height
- Standard > 170 cm / 5’7” in body height
- Vertebral displacement, formation of gaps in the vertebral joints (spondylolysis/spondylolisthesis, grade II)
- Wearing of the vertebral joints (facet syndrome)
- Radiating pain in the lumbar spine area (moderate [pseudo] radicular lumbar syndrome/lumbar sciatica, moderate)
- Narrowing of the spinal canal (lumbar spinal canal stenosis [conservative, post-operative])
- Fractured vertebrae (fractures of the lumbar spine)
- Weak muscles with limited performance (degeneration/muscular insufficiency of the spine)
- Following an intervertebral disk prolapse (conservative/ post-operative)
- Intervertebral disk surgery (discectomy)
- Post-operative, one or more levels of the spine (e.g. spondylodesis)