Spinova® Unload Plus
Orthosis for reducing lordosis of the lumbar spine
Spinova Unload Plus relieves the lumbar spine by reducing lumbar lordosis and protectively limiting incorrect movements. The support’s corset stays help to stabilize the torso, the removable bridging frame straightens the lumbar spine and has a delordosing effect, and the removable abdominal pad increases the effect. The special height-adjustable Spinova strap system applies the straightening force in a targeted manner.
- Relieves the lumbar spine according to the three-point principle
- Straightens the spine to counter lumbar lordosis
- Removable bridging frame and abdominal pad
- The force applied can be adjusted in terms of position, direction and strength
- Therapeutic circumferential pressure can be reproduced
Spinova Unload Plus relieves the lumbar spine by reducing lordosis. This alleviates pain and supports the healing process. The orthosis is based on a modular design and has elements that can be removed as part of multi-stage therapy.
The lumbar orthosis provides stability based on the three-point principle and protectively limits incorrect movements. The support made from light, elastic material with its integrated corset stays surrounds the torso and compresses the abdomen, which relieves and gently straightens the lumbar spine. The delordosing bridging frame also helps to straighten the spine, tilts the pelvis backward and distributes the forces toward the thoracic spine, pelvis and sacral bone. This particularly relieves the posterior column of the lumbar spine. An additional abdominal pad increases the effect. The stabilizing force is applied in a targeted manner by means of the Spinova strap system. Straps are attached at the appropriate height to a back setting device, rerouted twice and joined together with a buckle. The strap tension can be permanently adjusted with a torque wrench. This ensures that the therapeutic circumferential pressure remains the same every time it is worn.
As mobility increases, the bridging frame and abdominal pad can be easily removed.
Spinova Unload Plus and other Bauerfeind products are available from medical supply and orthopedic retailers, where trained staff will advise you and take precise measurements to ensure that your orthosis fits comfortably and securely.
Short < 170 cm / 5’7” height
Long > 170 cm / 5’7” height
- Vertebral displacement, formation of gaps in the vertebral joints
- Wearing of the vertebral joints with unusual flexibility of the joints (facet syndrome with hypermobility)
- Radiating pain in the lumbar spine area (very severe [pseudo] radicular lumbar syndrome/very severe lumbar sciatica
- Narrowing of the spinal canal (lumbar spinal canal stenosis with paresis [conservative, post-operative])
- Narrowing of the lateral nerve root canal (foraminal stenosis, lateral)
- Fractured vertebrae (fractures of the lumbar spine)